South Carolina residents enjoying the summer months know the magnificent power and brightness of our sun.
Solar power is a viable, convenient way to take advantage of sunshine for more than just a tan. Now is the time to put worries about the cost of solar energy aside and make the great leap, because state, federal and local solar rebates could make your out-of-pocket costs drop to $0 upfront.
With a partnership between Energy Sage and Tri County Roofing, you can have a new energy-efficient roof, new solar panels, and enjoy huge savings through rebates. In addition to rebates for obvious parts, like the solar panels, rebates exist also for lesser-known features:
- Solar water heaters
- Solar-powered blackout blinds
- Energy Star-certified windows, doors and skylights
Strike It Rich
Many power companies serving customers throughout South Carolina have solar power incentives to help consumers afford the cost of solar panel installation:
- Duke Energy Progress — Customers can get a $1.00 rebate for every watt (W) of solar power installed. An average 6-kilowatt (kW) system can yield an extra $6,000 to help cover the cost of buying and having solar panels installed
- Santee Cooper — Customers are eligible for a rebate of $1.30/W of solar energy that they install on their roofs, up to $5,200
- South Carolina Electric & Gas (SCE&G): — Customers can tap a step-down payment program; depending on how quickly you install your solar panels, you are eligible for a payment of anywhere from $0.01 – $0.04 per kWh of energy your panels produce but act fast; the more solar power installed, the lower the payments to consumers
Combined programs can shave up to 55 percent off the cost of ownership. Lending programs and grants can allow you to enjoy quick installation with $0 upfront.
An investment in clean, all-natural solar energy is right for the environment, right for your bank account, and the right thing to do, right now. The longer you wait, the smaller some of the incentives become.
When you reach out to us at Tri County Roofing, we can make every roofing issue disappear. Whether you have questions about your Charleston-area home’s roof, solar tax rebates, or something else, we are here to help. Contact us today to learn what we can do to make your life in the Low Country a little more pleasant, and maybe a little less expensive.