A replacement window for the Charleston area should do two things: allow you to see the great scenery, and prevent heat from creeping into your home. Though we are known as roofing contractors, we at Tri County Roofing can also install the best windows for your home.
As one of the area’s best roofing contractors, we know your whole house is an integrated system. An energy-efficient roof does little good if you lose cooling money out drafty windows. Choose the best windows your budget can afford and you will lower your energy costs year-round. Our Low Country temperatures tend toward the hotter end of the thermometer, though, so thermal performance is a must in replacement windows.
Simonton Windows consistently builds strong, durable triple-pane windows in many shapes and sizes:
- Double or single hung
- Awning windows
- Bay, bow or garden windows
- Geometric shapes
The National Fenestration Council provides those stickers on windows that guide you toward the best window. The four numbers are important; three should be low and one should be high:
- U-Factor — This measures how well a window can keep heat from escaping out from inside of your Charleston-area home in winter; the lower the number, the better the window
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient — This measures how well a product resists unwanted heat gain from outside, critical during summer cooling season; the lower the number, the less you will spend cooling your home
- Air Leakage — This measures how much air enters a room through the window; the lower the number, the fewer unpleasant drafts you will feel
- Visible Transmittance — This measures how well a window is designed to effectively light your home with daylight and provide the clearest view out; the higher the number, the more natural light you get
Vinyl replacement windows installed by expert roofing contractors like Tri County Roofing are low-maintenance, meaning you can count on:
- Tilt-in sashes for easy cleaning inside and out
- No painting, priming, scraping or sanding, ever
- High insulation value
A great window is only as good as its installation, so depend on Tri County Roofing to expertly install these Simonton Windows to work with your home’s roof and attic insulation. You will enjoy cool summers and warm winters when you treat your home as a complete, insulated system. Contact us today to learn more about the best windows for your home.
Read: How to Make the Best of Skylight Designs for Your Home