You know without a doubt that you need to replace the shingles on your roof. It is a major expense, but if you look in the right places and find the right products, your shingle roof replacement will be a positive experience. Getting top value is always a win-win situation.
Choosing GAF Shingles
Tybee Island is an unbelievable place to live. It is the eastern most point of Georgia, jutting out into the Atlantic Ocean. Add the salt air, humidity of seaside living, strong winds associated with hurricanes, and you definitely need roofing materials adapted for those conditions. GAF is just the company.
Their Lifetime Roofing System means just that – lifetime on many things. When a shingle roof replacement is installed according to their specific certification, the roof is guaranteed for the lifetime of the shingles used, or up to 50 years. The 3-tab shingles come in a bit lower at 25-30 years.
What Exactly is Covered
The Lifetime Roofing System includes:
- Lifetime Shingle Choices:
- Specialty or wood look shingles
- Cool Series that reflects sunlight
- ArmorShield which withstands winds up to 130 mph. Think hurricane here.
- Designer shingles
- Roof Deck Protection: An underlayment that allows the roof to breathe and prevents wind-driven rain seeping under your shingles.
- Leak Barriers: To protect against water in the valley and rake edges.There is definitely plenty of moisture in the Tybee Island area.
- Pre-cut Starter Strips: Makes installation easier, and aids in the prevention of blow-offs because of the factory-applied adhesive strips.
- Proper Attic Ventilation: Bad ventilation can cause heat up to 160? and this can damage the wood framing and roofing material.
- GAF Hip and Ridge Cap Shingles: Protection at those peak areas of your roof.
The Lifetime Roofing System Warranty
The Lifetime system has 3 levels of warranty. Some of what is included in the 2 highest levels is listed below. 3-tab shingles usually have lower levels of coverage than listed.
- Material Defect – 50 years, (20 years on 3-tab)
- Covers whole system
- Workmanship and flashing – 2 yrs, tear-off costs (material defects)
- Peace of Mind – 130 mph wind, warranty transferable
- Best – Same as better, but including:
- Workmanship – 25 years, flashing – 25 years, disposal costs (material and workmanship)
- Problem Prevention – 40-point factory inspection by GAF
GAF will cover their full warranty but only if the roof is installed by a roofing contractor certified by GAF. The best materials used in any shingle roof replacement will be worthless if not installed correctly.
Tri County Roofing and Siding is certified by GAF and also uses AccuLynx Roofing software to keep all projects streamlined.
Contact Tri County Roofing and Siding when you need a shingle roof replacement for your Tybee Island home.[button url=”https://www.tricoexteriors.com/roof-replacement/” color=”red”] Shingle Roof Replacement [/button]