The roof is one of the most underrated, but extremely important, features of your home. It?s the first line of defense against the harsh elements of nature, after all. Because of this, it?s extremely important that you schedule a roof inspection at least once a year. You want your roof to be in the best possible shape so that it can do battle with the weather at full strength.
If you don?t have your roof inspected regularly, your roof can experience problems that will only worsen over time. This can lead to a number of potentially costly issues. Small problems may develop into larger problems, which may end up resulting in you having to replace your entire roof! Not to mention that damage in the roof can result in further damage to your home during harsher weather conditions. The last thing you want is rain to be leaking into your home because there are flaws in your roof that need to be repaired. This can result in extensive water damage as well as potential problems with mold and mildew. By simply scheduling a roof inspection with Tri County Roofing & Siding, you can prevent many of these problems.
The following are just some of the things that roof inspectors will look for:
- That the drip edge is properly installed
- That there is an adequate overhang and that the starter course is installed properly.
- That the courses are horizontally straight and that the shingles are properly offset, properly aligned vertically and in good condition.
- That the valleys are installed correctly by shingle type and that the valley ends are sealed.
- That your roof is properly fastened and there are no loose shingles or raised fasteners.
- That the hip and ridge cap is correctly installed and in good condition.
- That the flashing and that any new plumbing vents are sealed and flush to your deck.
When it’s time for your next roof inspection contact Tri County Roofing & Siding. We are a GAF Master Elite Contractor, as well as a CertainTeed Select Shinglemaster. What that means for you is that we have the training and skills to know what a roof’s potential problem looks like and offer solutions as needed. We can help you prevent a small issue from being a major headache. Contact us today to schedule your free roof inspection!