When you install a new roof, a warranty is a necessary part of the service. Some warranties are expensive but thorough, while others are cheap and relatively useless. When you are looking at prospective warranty coverage, take the time to investigate what is and is not covered before you sign.
One of the best warranties our contractors at Tri County Roofing have found is the GAF Golden Pledge® Limited Warranty. Since many homeowners are mostly uninformed on the specifics of roof warranties, we would like to highlight this optimal choice as a sort of standard by which you can gauge the roof warranty you currently hold (or are about to hold).
GAF Roofing: Golden Pledge® Warranty Coverage
Tri County Roofing & Siding highly recommends the Golden Pledge® warranty from GAF for the exceptional coverage homeowners will get. Since Savannah is in a hurricane zone, one of the great parts of this warranty is the 130 mph wind coverage, which will help bring all homeowners peace of mind. Other coverages provided by this warranty include:
- Manufacturing defects – While some manufacturer warranties cover materials defects for only a short period of time, the GAF roofing Golden Pledge warranty covers manufacturing defects on private residential homes for 50 years (20 years for 3-tab shingles).
- Full system coverage – A full-system coverage is included with the Golden Pledge warranty, including the roof deck and flashings.
- Workmanship coverage – The GAF Roofing Golden Pledge covers 25 years of workmanship (20 years for 3-tab shingles). Golden Pledge even covers the workmanship for flashing installation which is usually excluded or only covered for 2-3 years by a contractor warranty. The Golden Pledge even includes lifetime labor coverage for installation, if there a manufacturing defect or application error is the cause of a needed repair. The cost of tear off is also included in the warranty.
- Pro-Rated Coverage – Some companies pro-rate coverage, but GAF provides full replacement for the entire warranty period, with minor limitations to allow for common sense of warranty application.
- Certified installation – GAF insists that a certified contractor installs your roof, and that a 40-point factory inspection is performed when the job is done – all per warranty.
- Transferable – The GAF roofing Golden Pledge warranty is transferable, with no charge for transferring the warranty, if you should sell your Savannah home in the future. However, it can only be transferred only once, and with reduced lifespan after 20 years.
When a Warranty Is Needed
Remember: always save the entirety of your roofing paperwork! If you should ever need to file a claim, you will need, among other things: a copy of your warranty, the contractor’s invoice, the contract and original estimate, date of application, and proof that you are the owner (or that the warranty was properly transferred).
To learn more about the warranties offered by GAF, contact Tri County Roofing & Siding. As a GAF Master Elite contractor local to Savannah, we are informed and able to give you the answers you need.[button link=”https://www.tricoexteriors.com/roof-replacement/warranty-options/” target=”self” color=”#b20000″ text=”light”]Roofing Warranty Options[/button]